How to Reset Your Web Browser To Its Default Settings
Reset browser settings is a very important and powerful tool provided by famous web browsers to undo any changes made by malicious threats. Sometimes you start seeing lots of ads on your browser and your searches start getting redirected to unknown web pages. This is happens due to some time of malicious extension or potentially unwanted programs. These types of infections make several unwanted changes to your browser setting like changing your default homepage or search engine. Most people don’t known how to reset browser settings to undo those changes. But your browser has a reset option through which you can change the state of your infected browser to default. It is a very good option that can help you get rid of unwanted ads and browser redirection. So if you are struggling through the same problem then this guide will help you reset browser settings of your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari and Internet Explorer browsers.
Reset browser setting to default
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- First of all, open your Google Chrome browser then click on “menu” option which is in upper right corner of your browser and finally select “settings” option.
- Now you are on settings page of Chrome browser, go to the end of the page then click on “Show Advanced settings” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find the Reset Settings. So click on that “Reset Settings” button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- First of all, open your Mozilla Firefox browser then click on “menu” option which is in upper right corner of your browser and finally select (?) icon.
- Now a new long box of option will appear on your screen, select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- On this page click on “Refresh Firefox” button and give your confirmation.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- First of all, open your Internet Explorer browser then click on “gear” icon which is in upper right corner of your browser and finally select “Internet options”.
- A new Windows will open on your screen, now go to the “Advanced” tab and then click on “Reset” button.
- Now check the “Delete personal settings” option tick box and then press “Reset” button.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- First of all, open your Microsoft Edge browser then click on ” three dots” icon which is in upper right corner of your browser and finally select “settings”.
- Now a new box will appear on your screen then you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” and then click on “Clear” button.
Reset Safari To Default
- First of all, open your “safari” browser and then Click on “Safari” menu and finally select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
Once you have reset your browser to its default settings, now you must ensure its safety. Harmful and malicious websites often try to target your browser and modify its settings to bring more threats and viruses. But there is an option through which you can block almost all of the phishing and malicious attacks on your browser. All these browser comes with a built-in features that prevent the attack of malicious sites. You must sure that browser safety features are enabled on your browser.