How To Enable Phishing And Malware Protection In Browser
Best ways of secure web browsing is to use the browser malware protection. Before being committed to any browser, you must understand that most of the browser don’t come with inbuilt phishing and malware protection feature. There are only handful of browsers that provides security from dangerous and malicious sites. They have some built-in feature to detect and block malicious or suspicious site which may harm your computer or worse bring other threats on your PC. So before you set any browser as your default web browser, you must find out that if it block malicious sites or not. Currently most of the people use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari. These browsers are from big companies and they good protection against phishing. But you have to make sure that browser malware protection mode is enabled for the maximum security. So you are advised to turn on Safe Browsing Features to protect your computer from any malicious or phishing website that can bring nasty viruses on your computer. If you don’t known how to enable the browser malware protection, then follow the below instructions.
Enable Phishing And Malware Protection
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type “chrome://settings” in address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Show advanced settings” option from the bottom of the page.
- Find Privacy and security section then select Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on Menu and select Options from the list.
- Select Security and check following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on More icon from upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings option from the drop-down list.
- Scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Please open Internet Explorer browser.
- Go to Tools menu and navigate to Safety option.
- Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- First of all, open your safari browser and then Click on Edit option and select Preferences.
- Now open the Security options of your browser.
- In the Fraudulent Sites section, click the Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website check box.
Finally all your browsers are secure from phishing and malware attacks. If your browser is already infected by any threat or malicious extension then you might want to reset your browser settings. All the famous browser also have a powerful settings option through which you can easily reset your browser to their default settings. By doing this, you can easily undo all the changes made to your browser settings by any infection. Browser hijacker, Adware or redirect virus mostly make serious unwanted changes to the browser settings. It is hard to undo all the changes manually so the best option is reset the browser.